- In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes.
When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed
firmer to sleep on. That's where the phrase, "goodnight, sleep
tight" came from.
- The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
uses every letter in the alphabet. (It was developed by Western Union
to test telex/twx communications.)
- The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from old English
law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider
than your thumb.
- The Boston University Bridge (on Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts)
is the only place in the world where a boat can sail under a train driving
under a car driving under an airplane.
- Emus cannot walk backwards.
- The United States government keeps its supply of silver at the U.S.
Military Academy at West Point, N.Y.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears
never stop growing.
(see Heredity of
- Most American's car horns beep in the key of "F".
- Camel's milk does not curdle.
previous | next
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -