Stupid Facts: The Human Body
- A person's sense of smell is the first to go.
- A sneeze leaves your mouth at over 600 mph.
- The flu was first described by Hippocrates in 412 BC
- The human body contains about 10 gallons for water making up 60% of
- Your body creates as much as two quarts of saliva daily.
- You're more likely to catch a cold from a person by shaking their
hand than from their sneezes.
- The human brain weighs about 3 pounds, but uses 20% of one's blood
- Plaque begins reforming 6 hours after brushing your teeth.
(see Human Teeth)
- If your body temperature was 86 degrees, you could live to be 200.
- Cold showers actually increase sexual arousal.
- A Swiss scientist named A. E. Fick invented contact lenses in 1887.
- There is enough phosphorous inside the human body to make about 250
- Doctors in ancient China were paid when patients were healthy, not
- The human head weighs eight pounds.
- The human hand has 27 bones.
- The human foot has 26 bones.
- The human body has over 200 bones.
previous | next
Send to Friend
Register for Updates
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -