- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or
it will digest itself.
- The Sanskrit word for "war" means "desire for more cows."
- Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people
without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression
"to get fired."
- Canada is an Indian word meaning "Big Village."
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
(see World Series
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
- First novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
- The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
- Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
- In the 1940s, the FCC assigned television's Channel 1 to mobile services
(two-way radios in taxicabs, for instance) but did not renumber the
other channel assignments. That is why your TV set has channels 2 and
up, but no channel 1.
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
- Only President to win a Pulitzer: John F. Kennedy for Profiles in
(see U.S. Presidents)
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Smartest dogs: 1) Scottish border collie; 2)Poodle; 3) Golden retriever.
Dumbest: Afghan hound.
- Texas is also the only state that is allowed to fly its state flag
at the same height as the U.S. flag.
(see U.S. States)
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
- The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses.
- The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments
- The youngest pope was 11 years old.
(see Roman Catholic
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
(see Coins and Currency)
previous | next
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -