- Afghanistan and Azerbaijan are the only two nations that begin with
an "A" but don't end with an "A".
(see Flags of the
- When opossums are playing 'possum', they are not "playing." They actually
pass out from sheer terror.
- Ben and Jerry's sends the waste from making ice cream to local pig
farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor:
- Wilma Flintstone's maiden name was Wilma Slaghoopal, and Betty Rubble's
Maiden name was Betty Jean Mcbricker.
- The Baby Ruth candy bar was actually named after Grover Cleveland's
baby daughter, Ruth.
- Armadillos have four babies at a time and they are always all the
- Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
- "Three dog night" (attributed to Australian Aborigines) came about
because on especially cold nights these nomadic people needed three
dogs (dingos, actually) to keep from freezing.
- Gilligan of Gilligan's Island had a first name that was only used
once, on the never-aired pilot show. His first name was Willy. The skipper's
real name on Gilligan's Island is Jonas Grumby. It was mentioned once
in the first episode on their radio's newscast about the wreck. During
that same announcement they identified the professor as "Roy Hinckley."
- Ivory bar soap floating was a mistake. They had been overmixing the
soap formula causing excess air bubbles that made it float. Customers
wrote and told how much they loved that it floated, and it has floated
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building
it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that
falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors
for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
previous | next
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -