- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
- The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start
- The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(see Human Tongue)
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only in one row of the keyboard.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- You are more likely to be killed by a Champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo.
- The "save" icon on Microsoft Word shows a floppy disk, with the shutter on backwards.
- The combination "ough" can be pronounced in nine different ways. The following sentence contains them all: "A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed."
- The verb "cleave" is the only English word with two synonyms that are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
- The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
- The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means, "The king is dead".
- Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye."
- An animal epidemic is called an epizootic.
- The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.
- Blueberry Jelly Bellies were created especially for Ronald Reagan.
- All porcupines float in water.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of
yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled
on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
- Non-dairy creamer is flammable.
previous | next
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -