Stupid Facts about New Jersey
- New Jersey is a peninsula.
- Highlands, New Jersey has the highest elevation along the entire eastern
seaboard, from Maine to Florida.
- New Jersey is the only state where all of its counties are classified as
- New Jersey has more race horses than Kentucky.
- New Jersey has more Cubans in Union City (1 sq. mi.) than Havana, Cuba.
- New Jersey has the most dense system of highways and railroads in the US.
- New Jersey has the highest cost of living.
- New Jersey has the highest cost of auto insurance.
- New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the nation.
- New Jersey has the most diners in the world and is sometimes referred to
as the Diner Capital of the World
- New Jersey is home to the original mystery pork parts chub, Taylor Ham
or Pork Roll.
- North Jersey has the most shopping malls in one area in the world, with
seven major shopping malls in a 25 square mile radius.
- New Jersey is home to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- The Passaic River was the site of the first submarine ride by inventor
John P. Holland.
- New Jersey has 50+ resort cities & towns, some of the nations' most
famous: Asbury Park, Wildwood, Atlantic City, Seaside Heights, Long Branch
and Cape May.
- New Jersey has the most stringent testing along our coastline for water
quality control than any other seaboard state in the entire country.
- New Jersey is a leading technology & industrial state and is the largest
chemical producing state in the nation when you include pharmaceuticals.
- Jersey tomatoes are known the world over as being the best you can buy.
- New Jersey is the world leader in blueberry and cranberry production.
- In 1642, the first brewery in America opened in Hoboken.
- The famous Les Paul invented the first solid body electric guitar in Mahwah
- New Jersey is a major seaport state with the largest seaport in the US,
located in Elizabeth. Nearly 80% of what our nation imports comes through
Elizabeth Seaport first.
- New Jersey is home to one of the nation's busiest airports at Newark Liberty
- George Washington slept here. Several important Revolutionary War battles
were fought on New Jersey soil, led by General George Washington.
- The light bulb, phonograph, and motion picture projector, were invented
by Thomas Edison in his Menlo Park, NJ laboratory.
- The first town ever lit by incandescent bulbs was in NJ.
- The first seaplane was built in Keyport, NJ.
- The first airmail (to Chicago) was started from Keyport, NJ.
- The first phonograph records were made in Camden, NJ.
- New Jersey is home to the Miss America Pageant held in Atlantic City.
- The game Monopoly, played all over the world, named the streets on their
playing board after the actual streets in Atlantic City.
- And, Atlantic City has the longest boardwalk in the world.
- New Jersey has the largest petroleum containment area outside of the Middle
- The first Indian reservation was in New Jersey.
- New Jersey has the tallest water-tower in the world.
- New Jersey had the first Medical Center, in Jersey City.
- The Pulaski SkyWay, from Jersey City to Newark, was the first skyway highway.
- NJ built the first tunnel (Holland Tunnel) under a river, the Hudson.
- The first baseball game was played in Hoboken, NJ, which is also the birthplace
of Frank Sinatra.
- The first intercollegiate football game was played in New Brunswick in
1889. (Rutgers College played Princeton.)
- The first Drive-in Movie theater was opened in Camden, NJ, (but they're
all gone now.)
- New Jersey is home to both of "NEW YORK'S " ProFootball Teams.
- The first radio station and broadcast was in Paterson, NJ.
- The first FM radio broadcast was made from Alpine, NJ, by Maj. Thomas Armstrong.
- All New Jersey natives: Sal Martorano, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Springsteen,
Bon Jovi, Jason Alexander, Queen Latifa, Susan Sarandon, Connie Francis,
Shaq, Judy Blume, Aaron Burr, Joan Robertson, Ken Kross, Dionne Warwick,
Sarah Vaughn, Budd Abbott, Lou Costello, Alan Ginsberg, Norman Mailer,
Marilynn McCoo, Flip Wilson, Whitney Houston, Eddie Money, Linda McElroy,
Eileen Donnely, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson, Walt Whitman, Jerry
Lewis, Tom Cruise, Richard Wojewodzki, Joyce Kilmer, Bruce Willis, Caesar
Romero, Nelson Riddle, Lauryn Hill, Ice-T, Nick Adams, Nathan Lane, Sandra Dee, Danny
DeVito, Richard Conti, Joe Pesci, Joe Piscopo, Robert Blake, John Forsyth,
Meryl Streep, Loretta Swit, Norman Lloyd, Paul Simon, Jerry Herman,
Gorden McCrae, Kevin Spacey, John Travolta, Phyllis Newman, Anne Morrow
Lindbergh, Eva Marie Saint, Elisabeth Shue, Zebulon Pike, James Fennimore
Cooper, Admiral Wm. Halsey,Jr., Dave Thomas(Wendy's), William Carlos
Williams, Ray Liotta, Robert Wuhl, Bob Reyers, Paul Robeson, Ernie Kovacs,
Joseph Macchia, Frank Albert Sinatra, "Uncle Floyd" Vivino,
and Kelly Rippa.
previous | next
Stupid People - You know you're from New Jersey when...
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -