Stupid Facts: Presidential Facts
- Martin Van Buren was the first president born in the new United States.
- James Buchanan was the only bachelor president.
- James Garfield was the first left-handed president.
- William Taft was the largest president at 6 feet 2 inches tall and
- James Madison was the shortest president at 5 feet 4 inches.
- Theodore Roosevlet was the youngest president at 42 years old.
- Ronald Reagan was the oldest leaving office at 77 years old.
- Herbert Hoover was the first president born west of the Mississippi.
- John F. Kennedy was the first president elected to be born in the 20th century (May 29, 1917)
- John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on July 4th, 1826.
- John Quincy Adams swam daily in the Potomac River.
- John Tyler was the first to become president through death of the
- William Henry Harrison died one month after delivering the longest
inaugural speech at 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Abraham Lincoln was the first president to be assassinated.
- Grover Cleveland was the only president to serve two nonconsecutive
- James Garfield could write Greek with one hand and Latin with the
- Benjamin Harrison was the only grandson of a president to become president.
- John Quincy Adams was the only former president to serve in the House
- Andrew Jackson and Andrew Johnson were the only former presidents
to serve in the Senate.
- The teddy bear was named for Theodore Roosevelt because he refused
to shoot a bear cub while hunting.
- Woodrow Wilson kept sheep to trim the White House lawn.
- At 4 terms, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected to more terms than
any other president.
- Richard Nixon was the only president to resign.
- Gerald Ford was the only president not elected into office.
- Jimmy Carter was the first president born in a hospital.
previous | next
U.S. Presidents, Presidential Puzzle, Coins and Currency, President WordFinder, Uncanny Presidential Similarities
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -