- The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television
were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
- Coca-Cola was originally green.
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear and smell better.
- The state with the highest percentage of people who walk to work:
- The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% The percentage of
North America that is wilderness: 38%
- The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
- The average number of people airborne over the U.S. any given hour:
(see Jet Airliners)
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- The San Francisco cable cars are the only mobile national monuments.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from
history: Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts -
Charlemagne; Diamonds - Julius Caesar
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs
in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg
in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.
If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural
- Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th,
John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August
2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- The term "the whole 9 yards" came from W.W.II fighter pilots in the
South Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber
machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27ft, before being loaded into
the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got
"The whole 9 yards."
- Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them
looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
- The nursery rhyme "Ring Around the Rosey" is a rhyme about the plague.
Infected people with the plague would get red circular sores ("Ring
around the rosey"), these sores would smell very badly so common folks
would put flowers on their bodies somewhere (inconspicuously), so that
it would cover the smell of the sores ("a pocket full of posies"). Furthermore,
people who died from plague would be burned so as to reduce the possible
spread of the disease ("ashes, ashes, we all fall down!")
- Conception occurs more often in December than any other month.
- "60 Minutes" on CBS is the only TV show without a theme song.
- Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.
- The most popular boat name requested by boat owners is "Obsession".
- If you were to spell out numbers, you would you have to go until
One Thousand to find the letter "A"?
- Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers
were all invented by women.
- Honey is the only food that doesn't spoil?
- There are more collect calls on Father's Day than any other day of
(see Holiday Calendar)
- Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
- 40% of all people at a party snoop in the medicine cabinet.
previous | next
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -