- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
- All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on
the back of the $5 bill.
(see U.S. States
and Coins and Currency)
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
(see Fruits & Vegetables)
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous":
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina
delos Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed
on a watch is 10:10.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- The only real people to be depicted as PEZ dispensers were Betsy Ross, Daniel Boone, and Paul Revere.
- The Ramses brand condom is named after the great pharaoh Ramses II
who fathered over 160 children.
- When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home,
the stadium becomes the state's third largest city.
- The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert
the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful
- A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
(see Coins and Currency)
- On an American one-dollar bill, there is an owl in the upper left-hand
corner of the "1" encased in the "shield" and a spider hidden in the
front upper right-hand corner.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Who's that playing the piano on the "Mad About You" theme? Paul Reiser,
- The male gypsy moth can "smell" the virgin female gypsy moth from
1.8 miles away.
- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator,
Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube
and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.
- John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
(see Golf Clubs)
- 'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left
- To "testify" was based on men in the Roman court swearing to a statement
made by swearing on their testicles.
previous | next
Stupid Facts -
Stupid Games -
Stupid Jokes -
Stupid News -
Stupid People -
Stupid Pictures -
Stupid Stuff -